The Ravenclaw was my first and since I'm so used to knitting preemie hats, it seemed like it took a really LONG time to complete (not really though!). I had it done by the last day of school and one of my advisees insisted on wearing it for most of the day, so at least I know it'll fit a child.
I realized that the official beanie pattern uses a multiple of twelve stitches, so for the hat I'm working on now I only started with 72 stitches. I'll try another larger hat soon though. The knit-along folks have said it's ok to make modifications to the pattern, so one of my completed hats has a different decrease and an i-cord on the top.
I have a meeting this week to help plan a Louisville area Charmed Knits Knit-along in July. Look for details soon!